Sunday, February 8, 2009

Eis Ton Logon - An Introduction

So... this is my second attempt at a blog. My last one lasted for about 3 posts before it was neglected. Lord willing this one will endure beyond its predecessor. Now as to the name of this blog: What does it mean and why did I choose it? "Eis ton logon" is koine Greek (the Greek of the New Testament) for "into the word".
I am committed to a high view of scripture. I believe that the Bible in its original manuscripts is the Word of God and is thus verbally and plenarily inspired, inerrant, unalterable, and the ONLY source of absolute truth. It is because of this truth that I will, and must, stand on it alone.
I want to be able to say as Martin Luther did in the Reformation,
"I have made a covenant with God that He sends me neither visions, dreams, nor even angels. I am well satisfied with the gift of the Holy Scriptures, which give me abundant instruction and all that I need to know both for this life and for that which is to come. "

The question I always want to ask, and then try to answer, is this: What does the Word say? And to find out I must get "into the word". I recognize my own weakness and welcome any constructive and loving criticism based on the Word of God.
Now - "Into the Word!"
Justin

2 comments:

  1. How goes it, little fella? I like this template you got! You should try making some bullet points with it

    ReplyDelete